The roof was raised when Klober presented us with the opportunity to design and build a bespoke retail display solution that would make an impact within builders’ merchants.
Klober is one of Europe's leading manufacturers of roof ventilation products and roofing accessories. And the point of sale (POS) display challenges included:
- Devising a design that would encourage customer engagement.
- Ensuring the attractive elements of the roofing products were highlighted.
- Doing both within a 1m x 1m space!
Andrew Cross, Marketing Manager Klober UK & Ireland, said: “Merit were recommended to us by one of our major customers so we knew the company had the experience and capability to provide the POS display solution we required.”
Robust POS display stand
The project was very much design led and we liaised with Klober on the development of various creative approaches.
This collaborative effort paid great dividends and the end result not only met the original objectives but also featured:
- Interchangeable graphics for multiple products, promotions, and offers.
- Eight different products on the same display.
We also used our practical innovation skills to construct a POS display stand that was suitably robust for its intended environment and the products it would hold.
The Klober bespoke retail display stand (with another we created for Jewson in the background).
Andrew said: “Merit’s understanding of our market enabled us to immediately work together to find a POS design that was acceptable to our customers. The Merit team quickly understood our product range and created a display that was technically correct and informative.”
The finished retail display stands gave Klober a prominent brand presence in the compact merchant environments.
“Getting display space with any of our building merchant customers is never easy and we are often competing with other suppliers for the opportunity to display our products,” said Andrew.
“The compact and interesting design of the new display units, which fitted easily into branch merchandising floor plans, was welcomed and readily installed.”
Increase in sales
Each of the 50 displays was completely assembled on our premises before being placed in the appropriate position without disruption within 50 merchants across the UK.
Andrew added: “The design of the POS units makes it possible to demonstrate in a ‘hands on’ way the universality of our products, how they work, and how they are installed.”
Fulfilment of the showroom display project was completed within a three-week period, with all elements managed and delivered by members of the Merit team.
Andrew concluded: “Merit’s complete end-to end capability of design, production, logistics, and installation is important to us. It allows us to provide the trusted service our customers expect from Klober.
“We have worked hard to increase our visibility with builders’ merchants and have seen a marked increase in merchant sales over the last year. And our POS / brand awareness programme has been well received by our customers who have requested additional units this year.
“We received an all-round 360° service from Merit; a company with extensive experience and knowledge that utilises the full potential of merchant merchandising.”
Klober - http://klober.co.uk/
You might also like:
- Creating engaging retail displays that deliver ROI
- Practical innovation turns the taps of Bristan’s retail displays
- Suite success on an island
- On the road with Morphy Richards
- A square metre of success under one roof for Jewson
- Creating brand consistency for Continental
- Showcasing the power of a shower
- Classic display composed for 1066 in Harrods
- Steps to help boost your retail display impact
- Winning solutions for the Tour De France
- Driving supercar across Europe for Nissan
- Showroom display was as bold as brass
- Retail displays - how to achieve sales success