Closed questions are a quick way to end a conversation with a prospect before it’s even begun. For example:
- Are you well?
- Is the exhibition interesting so far?
- Would you like a brochure?
- Did you travel far today?
It’s too easy to answer “yes” or “no” to these closed questions.
Your stand team should receive pre-event guidance on how to engage visitors in conversation and retain their interest. For example, useful “open questions” could be:
- What have you seen at the exhibition that caught your eye?
- What are your goals for attending the show?
- How can I be of assistance to you?
- What products or services are of interest to you today?